Thursday, November 10, 2011

Gratitude

This month, many people are choosing to write daily about what they're grateful for.  I tend to reflect more personally and not put everything out there for all on my social media pages.  That being said, I have to say that  I am so incredibly grateful for a kind and loving Father in Heaven who knows me and loves me.  I am grateful that he knows me so much better than I know myself.  I'm grateful for the gentle whisperings of the Spirit that come back again and again until I actually pay attention and listen.  My life hasn't always gone according to my plans, but I know that things are going according to his and I'm okay with that.  I'm grateful for Michael.  He is kind, loving, gentle, and humble.  He's an amazing dad.  It doesn't matter how long his day has been or how tired he is, he comes home from work and plays soccer in they yard, reads books, colors, does play-doh, plays hide-and-seek and just has fun with his daughter.  He's the best husband I could ever ask for.  Michael would give up anything for himself to make me happy.  He comes home from work and offers to cook dinner, do dishes, fold laundry, or anything else he can think of that might help me (although I usually send him to play with Lily since she misses him so much during the day).  My family may be small for now, but we're happy and we love each other.  All three of us look forward to the day our family will grow.  We are so ready to be a family of four. We know that the day will come - Lily knows her prayers for a brother or sister will be heard.  Michael and I have faith that our prayers to welcome another member of our family into our home will be answered.   Until then though, we will move forward with faith, grateful for all that we've been blessed with already.

What brings me joy...

No comments:

Post a Comment